Wood Badge Home
Sept. 9-11 & 24-25, 2022
What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is the Boy Scouts of America’s ultimate leadership training designed to meet the advanced leadership needs of Scouters in all aspects of the BSA, whether unit, district, or council level – from assistant den leaders to Scoutmasters, from Cubmasters to Venturing Advisors, from committee members to commissioners. It is a fun, energetic and inspiring course guaranteed to infuse your unit with fun and meaning – all designed to fulfill the mission of the BSA, and ensure our youth is getting everything they are promised from the program.
Reflecting the best of nearly a century of Scouting experience, Wood Badge draws upon the most current leadership models used by corporate America, academic circles and successful organizations throughout the country. Participants can expect to develop skills in many areas, including leadership theory, team building, problem-solving, communication, project planning and more. These skills can be taken back to packs, troops and crews to help leaders guide youth in dynamic Scouting programs. Scouters will find these skills invaluable in their business and personal lives as well.
What will you learn?
You will learn many things on course, like:
- Listen and Learn
- Managing conflict
- Leading change
- Stages of team development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Leadership for different stages
- Servant leadership
- Project planning
- And more!
These come to you in presentations, games, discussions, activities, and other methods.
Why do you want to go?
You want to participate in a Wood Badge course because of things you will learn and do. Here are some of the benefits:
- Stronger units. You will make your Scouting unit — and your sons’ and daughters’ units — stronger.
- What and why of Scouting. You will have a deeper understanding of what Scouting is and why we do it.
- Experience. You will learn and experience things that will stay with you in Scouting and the rest of your life.
- Fun. You will have fun and you will meet interesting people.
- Other groups. You will make your other groups, like work, church, even family, stronger.
Wood Badge consists of two parts:
- The first five full days is the initial group training, usually held over two weekends – the first weekend Friday through Sunday, and the second Saturday and Sunday.
- The second part requires participants to apply the skills they learned by completing a 5-part plan (called a “ticket”) over the following 18 months, leading towards the individual participant’s vision of a better Scouting future.
Requirements for attending Wood Badge:
1. Be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and age 18 or older.
2. Have completed the basic position-specific training courses for their Scouting role.
3. Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record. Parts A, B, and C are required which includes a physical. Part C is required for everyone, including people who are not present for more than 72 hours.
A minimum (non-refundable) deposit of $50 is due with registration, and then full payment is due 30 days before the start of the course. Each Wood Badge course is limited to 48 participants.So, reserve your place now!
For information about Wood Badge Email us
Register for Wood Badge
Fee is $255 per participant (due in full 30 days prior to the start of the course - by August 12, 2022). A $50 Non-Refundable Deposit is required with your reservation. If you pay after August 12, 2022 the fee will increase to $280.
Get registered today...