National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide all 13- to 20-year old youth members of the Boy Scouts of Ameria with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. NYLT is a six-day course. Content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts with work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster. This year's course will be held at Camp Bradley.
If you haven't registered for an activity on our website before, click here to learn how the procedure works.
In order to attend a NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- Must be at least 13.
- Members of the Scouts BSA must have achieved the First Class Rank.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program.
- Must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills.
- $225 per person if paid before June 18, 2021 (includes meals and training materials). The fee is paid after June 18, 2021 will be $240.00
Tentaroo User Manual and online Help
NYLT Staff Payments