2023 National Jamboree
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
Location: Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia.
Among the things included in your fee are:
- Luggage fees
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
- Bus transportation to all tour locations and to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
- Pre-Jamboree tour and a tour team to organize and facilitate all touring aspects
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Unit, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2023) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2023. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venturing Crew (has not yet reached their 21st birthday by 8/1/2023)
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
The first step is to register on the Jamboree Website
Make sure you’re ready to register by making sure you have the basics covered –
- BSA membership must be current.
- Member ID number must be linked in the profile of the registrant’s My.Scouting account.
- Your current email is in your My.Scouting account.
- Check your email after registering to complete your required disclaimers.
Tip: When registering a youth participant, you’ll need to sign-in using the youth’s my.scouting account.
Take a few minutes to review the information regarding the formation of a 2023 National Jamboree Council Contingent and the expectations as an Assistant Scoutmasters. If you are ready to accept these responsibilities, inspire youth and provide essential leadership, sign-up to join this respected team.
Adult leaders for the National Jamboree are limited. Interested adults should complete the 2023 National Jamboree Leadership Application. The program committee will review applications and select the leadership for the Troops.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
The cost per person will be $3,500 including the tour prior to arriving at the Jamboree:
Flights to Salt Lake City then Philadelphia, load tour bus to visit sites in Philly, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Gettysburg, Ft. McHenry, Washington DC to see National Mall, monuments, National Archives, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, and Iwo Jima Monument. A Jamboree Troop T-Shirt will also be provided with registration.
Hotel stays in Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Arlington, VA and Beckley, WV before arriving at the Summitt for the Jamboree.
Meals and any entry fees for the tours are also included.
Cost include everything listed above. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money.Jamboree Scoutmasters will provide information on fundraisers to help with the cost of Jamboree.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $500 must accompany the initial registration. Additional payments of $500 per month; due by the 20th are required.
Full payment must be received no later than March 1, 2023