Internet Recharter 2.0
MWC Recharter Checklist and Payment Worksheet - scroll below to resources.
All unit can begin the recharter process now. Always start from Internet Advancement!!!
The Charter Organization Rep, Committee Chairman, Unit Leader, or any key 3 delegate has the ability to submit the Renewal.
No, an access code is not required. The Key 3 and any Key 3 Delegate access Internet Rechartering using the same credentials used to access Scoutbook.com or My.Scouting.
Yes, reports will be available showing the stages of the submittal process of a unit
Yes, the unit will have the ability to load Youth Protection Training Certificates, CBC Disclosure Authorizations, Adult and Youth applications and PA Background and CORI forms into the renewal. When this is performed the unit will not auto-post and the council will be required to review the renewal, pull the forms loaded and enter the document information into my.scouting to post the unit.
No, the ability for a unit to pay online cannot be turned off.
We recommend that you pay recharter fees with your District Executive or at the office. Refunds and adjustments are difficult with online payment option as the funds go directly to the National Office.
No, there is an option to pay by ACH, Credit Card or to pay at the council. If they choose to pay at
the council, the unit will not auto-post and the council will review the renewal, collect registration
fees, and post the unit.
Yes, there is a refresh button which we encourage the person processing the renewal to use throughout the renewal process before submitting their unit.
Yes, they will enter the volunteer as a multiple and notate what unit/Non-Unit position and council that they are registered in. The unit will not auto-post and the council will be required to verify the multiple registration before posting the unit.
No. A unit will receive an error if the required leadership is not met, or they attempt to assign multiple leader positions to a volunteer and they cannot move forward in the process until the error is corrected.
No, the renewal processor does not have the ability to enter Youth Protection Dates into a person’s profile.
The unit can upload the CBC Authorization to the individual before submitting the renewal.
Otherwise, the renewal can still be submitted, and council will collect the form, verify the
information, and post the unit. The renewal will not auto-post.
Yes, the unit can submit the renewal, however, it will not auto-post . The council will review the
renewal, verify YPT requirements and post once the YPT has been completed. Additionally,
completed YPT Certificates can be uploaded to the individual and submitted with the renewal.
Yes, this will be necessary for a registrar to post the unit effectively.
Once submitted, the Key 3 and Key 3 Delegates will receive an email requesting a digital signature. If necessary, the CC, UL and Key 3 Delegate may sign on behalf of the COR.
The unit cannot auto-post if any of the requirements below are not met
- Must have 5 or more paid youth
- Register with less than 100 youth
- Cannot have a drop of over 50% or 25 or more youth
- Must have a change in membership from the previous year
Also, the below will prevent a unit from auto-posting
- Documents that are uploaded with the renewal
- New CBC Authorization not received
- Youth Protection Training Required
Even if your unit auto-posts, the council will need to verify the information before the final posting of units.
To access the new Internet Recharter 2.0 system go to: https://advancements.scouting.org/login. Use your my.scouting.org or scoutbook.com username and password to login. No access code is needed.
Please read through the frequently asked questions page.
We highly encourage units NOT to pay online through the Internet Recharter system. If internet recharter renewal is paid online, the council will not be able to make changes if it's needed. We encourage units to choose the "Pay at Council" option in order for your District leaders to verify the charter before it is submitted. Changes are easier to make if it is not yet paid for.
Units are still able to submit a paper charter.
If you have questions, please contact your District Executive or District Commissioner.
What Units Can Do Now
To get ready for Unit Recharter and the new system launch in October, you can do a few simple things to make sure you have a Recharter Ready Roster!
- Step 1 – Confirm your membership. In my.Scouting.org, select your unit, go into the Organization Manager and click on the Roster function. This shows your adult and youth members that are registered with the BSA. You can filter the list by Adults or Youth or export your roster into a printable PDF or a CSV file (spreadsheet). Make sure everyone you think should be on your roster is really on your roster!
- Step 2 – Confirm your Key 3. Make sure the adults registered as the Committee Chair, Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor or Skipper), and Chartered Organization Representative are correct and are currently active in your unit. Having accurate information about the Key 3 is important. We’ll be sending emails about your recharter directly to them and they’re the ones who will have access to the new Internet Rechartering system.
By the way – Do these two steps in my.Scouting.org, not Scoutbook. my.Scouting.org is the actual registration database, while Scoutbook is a separate and not always accurate copy.