National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide all 13- to 20-year old youth members of the Boy Scouts of Ameria with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. NYLT is a six-day course. Content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts with work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster. This year's course will be held at The Bradley Scout Reservation.
In order to attend a NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- Must be at least 13.
- Members of the Scouts BSA must have achieved the First Class Rank.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program.
- Must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills.
- $295 per person if paid before May 25, 2023 (includes meals and training materials). The fee is paid after May 25, 2023 will be $315. There is a $50 non-refundable deposit required at the time of registration and final payment price is based upon your final payment date using the criteria mentioned above (for the best price pay in full by May 25, 2023.)
You will receive One NYLT T Shirt with your registration. You can order additional T Shirts if you like for $15 each (seperate payment is required for these items): Order Additional NYLT T Shirts