BALOO Training - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation
Put the Outing in Cub Scouting!
Often, one of the big reasons kids and their families join Cub Scouts is the chance to get into the outdoors. Overnight camping is one of the most exciting, popular events on the Pack calendar. But in order to make that happen, Pack leadership has to be trained...not just in the practical of how to camp, but in how to run a camping program that fits into the Cub Scout program as a whole.
That's where BALOO comes in!
Get a Baloo Training Flyer
- Any Pack leader,
- Any Pack parent who'd like to help by taking on the role of Outdoor Event Coordinator on the Pack Committee
- Bear-About-To-Be-Webelos den leaders who'd like to be able to take their Webelos den camping this summer or any time thereafter.
- When: May 20th and 21st. Check-in is from 6:00 to 6:30 PM on Friday. We'll be camping on-site overnight, and making a very full day of Saturday (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)
- Where: 4464 S. Maple Grove in Boise.
- Cost: $20. Cracker Barrel Friday night, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday provided along with the course materials.
- Why: Because a successful outdoor experience with Cubs and their families doesn’t happen by accident, and there are a lot of things you need to know to run a safe, enjoyable experience within the BSA’s rules.
Brand new camper? Don't fear! We're here to make it make sense, and let you know how to camp with Cubs with confidence! Let us know if you need gear assistance or basic camping advice.
Experienced camper? Great! Come share your own experience and wisdom and learn how what you already know fits into the Cub program.
To register, go to the mountainwestcouncil.org , click on events and register. Payment can be on-line or dropped off at the council office no later than May 18th. Questions about the training? Contact Bob Cooper (208) 484-4438 or Donna Kemper at the council office (208) 376-4411.